The app communicates with the database by using small communication server (called 'app server') built in TaTerraBase (only version 8.0 or newer).
Two things need to be done to setup the communication between the database and the app:
1. Start the app server in TaTerraBase
It can be manually started in the menu 'Forms', 'App Server'
2. If it is inactive, start the app server.
You can also select 'AutoStart' to start the app server automatically each time TaTerraBase starts.
3. Create a new app user
Only registered users can access the database. Click on 'users' in the app server screen.
Enter the license ID (can be found in the app, menu 'settings', 'about us')
Click in TaTerraBase on the button 'License' to activate the license. The license needs to be authorized by i-Theses to be able to synchronize with the app.
4. Configure the Windows Firewall Setup the firewall
5. Open the app and open the settings screen
6. Scan the QR code from the app server (see step 1 and 2)
Use the 'scan button' to scan the QR code.
Scan the barcode of the app server
In the studies overview, click on 'server'
Open the detail screen of the study, click on 'Sync'
1. Server not found
2. Cannot synchronize, 'License id not registered'
3. Cannot synchronize, 'License id not authorized'